This weekend we had a great time
We made stuffed peppers. I used lean ground beef and barley instead of ground turkey and brown rice. They were delicious. We had a little date night watching Harry Potter 2 rented off of itunes. Adam just started reading the books, and we’ve been watching the movies as he finishes the books up.
We went to the Yankee’s second ALDS game against Detroit. It was so much fun (Even if they lost, and played like the Mets – Sorry Adam, they were not on their A game)!
For all you people visiting the city, or not huge sports fans here are my clift notes on getting on making it through a game.
How to Survive a Yankee’s Game
- Take the 4 or 5 subway to Yankee Stadium (Avoid eye contact with all the crazy fans. They do bite).
- Look for healthy salad options at the stadium. If you’re looking to splurge, the Nachos are said to be less than 800 calories and are quite tasty!
- Suppress any urge to cheer for the other team. Yankee fans will start an “Assss-hoooollleee” cheer throughout the stadium, and you feel like an idiot.
- Talk to the people sitting around you. Drunk Yankee’s fans love to make conversation.
- Don’t be afraid to sing YMCA with the grounds crew during the fifth inning.
- Hip-Hip-Jorge, is one of the most fun cheers around – Do it!
How do you survive Yankee Stadium?