True fact: I hate whiskey.
True fact: I went to a whiskey tasting with my parents.
True fact: The best part was the mini-brownie!
Last night, I went to a whiskey tasting with my parents and some of their friends at Total Wine and More in Glibert, AZ. Unfortunately, I did not end up liking it any more than I did before, but I did learn a lot.
Did you know…
- Whiskey can be spelled Whisky or Whiskey – Americans added the “e”
- Bourbon has to be distilled in Kentucky
- You can pair scotch with strong meats (like salami)
- Whiskey originates from Ireland
- If you add a drop of water, whiskey it drastically changes the taste of the product
- You can purchase Whiskey “stones” – so you can ice the beverage, but not dilute it.
- Shoshana cannot handle the taste of Whiskey, Scotch or Bourbon